September 26, 2011

OAC e-seminar in progress (SEP 26--OCT 7)!

I am taking part in an e-seminar this week and next week over at the OAC.  The seminar is based upon a working paper (here's the link) that I wrote about about my research on the politics of tourism and development in Baja California Sur.  It's a piece that combines a historical approach with anthropological discussions of value.  It is basically a background and foundation for how I am going to approach my upcoming fieldwork (I am working to get into the field asap).  And, since all of this is very much a work in progress, I am hoping to hear what some of you out there in the internets have to say.  So, stop by and check it out if you have time.  Even better, leave a comment or two.  Don't be shy!  The discussion lasts for a while, so there's time to peruse the paper then post a question, comment, etc.  It's all pretty wide open.  If you haven't joined the OAC, now is as good a time as any!

PS: Thanks to Keith Hart, Justin Shaffner, and everyone else at OAC for this opportunity! 

No comments: