April 24, 2010

Publication models: Contexts by the ASA

I just got something in the mail from the American Sociological Association which features their publication Contexts. That is a nice looking magazine, and it makes me wonder why us anthropologically minded folks can't get together and do something along those lines. Combine solid anthropology with good design. Contexts has a nice look to it, and they also put photography to good use. Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite magazines of all time, Colors (is that even around anymore?). I think that it would definitely be possible to create something for anthropology that is of this caliber. Why not? Either in print or online or both. Then we could put that thing right next to The Economist, Foreign Affairs, and The National Review and hope for some debates to break out right in the middle of Barnes and Noble.

We can all dream, can't we?

No comments: